Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Hahn Campilongo model
  • Just saw the news that there is going to be Campilongo signature model from Hahn. I can't wait and hope that I will be able to get one. This news is very exciting especially considering that I have been looking for a new Tele.
  • Me too! I have been wanting a 'real' tele for some time (no offense to my beloved partscaster). I played a used Hahn 228 at a shop, (228 is how he designates his T-style guitars) and IT WAS AWESOME. But for the cost, I would've bought it.

The price point sounds pretty do-able so I hope to learn more soon.
  • very cool! never heard of Hahn before, but those guitars look real nice! I pass Newburgh all the time, definitely going to check them out live and in the flesh next time i'm up that way. if they let me pre order a Campy, I am likely all in. might actually be too low a price, these will sell out faster than they can make them, is my guess. I'd expect the Fender Campy to increase in demand/value on the collector market as well, as a result (a good thing!). Remember those sold out too and they were triple the price!
  • Saw this as well - very excited to see it. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get one. Still kick myself for missing an opportunity to pick up one of the Fender Custom Shop models...
  • Yes! A Hahn Campy model will be awesome. Looking forward to seeing these available.
  • I ordered mine yesterday and spoke with Chihoe on the phone today. This is going to be a fantastic guitar! I can't wait to get mine.

Thanks to Jim and Chihoe for making this happen!
  • Thank you Maggie- I'm happy for you and I think you'll love it. Please let us know!

$1495 with free soft case and free shipping in the US. Information on the **Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C** at the link below....
    https://www.hahnguitars.com/model-c/

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Attachments
    full guitar.JPG 27K
    IMG_2817.jpeg 21K
    IMG_2824.jpeg 19K
    IMG_3546.jpeg 26K
    IMG_5056.jpeg 16K
    IMG_8953.jpeg 18K
  • Had to save a bit, but just put my order in. Very excited to get it (Chihoe estimated 3 weeks).

I may have gotten one of the last orders in, according to Chihoe, so if you’re on the fence, may want to act quick.

He’s a super nice guy, too.
  • Chihoe is making my Model C right now! Oh my...I can't wait! I haven't seen a Hahn out-and-about in Nashville, yet, so it'll be nice to promote his work in town.
    Jim, thanks for all your collaboration work you put in to get this model going. I really can't believe how much quality is being squeezed into a guitar under $1500. Just goes to show what can be done.
    --Will the Thrill
  • Thank you Will! I hope you love it....
  • I am really looking forward to getting my Model C.

Spoke with Chihoe couple of days ago. He said that he may begin shipping the Model Cs next week. (Or at least he said, give me a call next week.")

He had just seen Jim's trio the night before in the city. What a fun guy to speak with; you talk to Chihoe and your excitement about the guitar increases. I'm very psyched about.
  • Great news! I didn't know he was only making a few of them.

Jim, how about we get our Model C pickguards signed? :) That would mean the world to me to have that signature underhand!

--Will the Thrill
  • I haven't been this giddy with anticipation since Christmas 1968, when I was sure that I was going to get the Matt Mason Moonbase!!!
  • "Jim, how about we get our Model C pickguards signed? :) That would mean the world to me to have that signature underhand!"

Chihoe is 2 1/2 hours away but I believe he's coming over next week and I'll sign the back of the Model C pick guards... I think that's the best we can do with what we have time-wise and what we have to deal with logistically.

Maggie- The Model C should be going out the next couple of weeks. I have my hands full here, but that's my impression.

Thank you for ordering -I think you'll enjoy the instruments!

• The anticipation builds ...

I spoke with Chihoe yesterday. Each time I speak with him, he says “give me a call next week”. What’s cool about that is that I feel more and more connected to him and the process of building these guitars. I imagine when I eventually have the guitar, that feeling will transfer to the axe.

Very exciting.
  • I ordered mine last weekend! A JC signed pick guard would be „the icing on the cake“, I must say.))

As I live in Europe I need the guitar shipped at cost. Does anybody have recent experience on this? A few years ago I shipped a heavy National for USD 200,00 from NYC to Switzerland but now current estimates are north of USD 300,00 which seems rich. Thanks for any feedback.
  • Jim, man, signing the pickguard would mean so much :)

What a cool world we live in, right? As much bad news as we hear, you then hear about some amazing people with talent and gifts like Jim and Mr. Hahn going above and beyond.

I teach kids, and this will (gasp!) get play-time in my classroom for sure. What a great opportunity this is to have something hand-crafted that the kids can appreciate. Stuff like this is a seed planted for a later harvest, not a microwaved meal.

--Will the Thrill
  • Will, if you go on Instagram and find Hahn guitars, you will see pic of Jim signing our pickguards. (And some other cool stuff. )

Soon.
  • Awesome! Thank for the tip.
    --W
  • Sorry for the delayed response - I have been working crazy hours

Chihoe was kind enough to make the two hour drive to Brooklyn so I could sign and number the back of the pickguards. Fun stuff!

Thank you for ordering a Hahn Campilongo Model C - I think you'll be happy with it!
  • I saw that Chihoe is starting to ship Model Cs! Anyone got theirs yet?
  • @MaggieO, not sure where I was in the line, but no sign of a Model C yet. I placed the order towards the end of Feb, so not sure where that places me in the shipping order.
    --W
  • Chihoe hinted that the Model C he posted on Instagram yesterday might be mine. It's top-loaded, so it might just be!
  • I just ordered one as well. I thought I missed the deadline. Look forward to getting it!
  • Mine is on its way!!!!
  • I just received mine and it is fantastic. I think I will need to adjust either the saddles or the truss rod though as playing anything on the first 3 frets buzz like mad (no notes; just buzz); not sure if it was shipped like that or the weather/temperatures during shipping did something to it. I sent Chihoe a message with a video showing it and awaiting response. Otherwise, it really does feel, look, and sound great (just as airy as the demo video w/ Jim).
  • Congrats!

Sound like a trussrod tweak would do the trick. With the humidity going up around the country, wood just gets all squirrely.
  • Thanks! Yeah, temps and humidity have been wacky in the Northeast! You'll def love it when you get yours; it's a very inspiring instrument and the neck plays like buttah!
  • Here it is!

Hahn "Jim Campilongo" Model C, May 08, 2018
    It plays and sounds even better than it looks. It rings like an orchestra bell. The top loaded bridge gives the strings (.10-.46) a pliable feel and an expressiveness that, after playing it all afternoon, evening, and this morning, seems unique to this guitar.

Oh, and it smells like a pine forest and you can feel the wood against your skin; it becomes part of you.

And yes, I'll make a video demo, right after I dig out my OktavaMod mic and DWS interface.

More pix:

The Rob Banta pickup are pretty amazing. I've got Teles with Fralins, Lolars, and Duncan Antiquities; the Banta pickups are easily their equal. As I wrote earlier, the guitar has a ringing, harmonically rich sound. There is zero ice pick in the bridge position, but it still manages to be bright when I want it to be. The neck pickup is big and bold, like you'd expect, but it has higher overtones in it than, say, the Fralins in my Kelly Bowery Pine Tele. The two together, depending on your picking style, can be sweet or zingy (like a strummed acoustic).

So far, I've only played it straight into my PRRI. I'm looking forward to trying it with my '65 Vibro Champ, brownface Princeton clone, and Vox AC4HW. I think it's going to play very well with my Strymon Deco, too.

• That looks wonderful. Enjoy!!!

Cheers
    Warren
  • Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures, @MaggieO!
  • Thanks, gang!
  • Maggie- You're the best. I'm so glad you're happy with the guitar and I know Chihoe is too. Happy playing! - Jim

• Jim, you and Chihoe should be so proud of this accomplishment. Y'all did so very well.

I'm going to make a video demo, but man, like when I shoot photos with a Leica, I know I need to really step up my game! Your fans know what genuinely great playing sounds like!
  • Maggie- Again, Chihoe and I were concerned with your opinion on the guitar and we felt if you liked it, we had, in a way, climbed Mount Everest. EVERYBODY MATTERS but If you were happy, we could feel confident that all the others we respect and love would be satisfied with their Model C too. We know we are proud of it, but you never know until the guitars go out into the world-forever. We didn't take this lightly.
    As far as the demo goes - I'm sure your good spirit will shine, along with your good playing- and that's all that matters!
    Have a great day - Jim

• Thank you, Jim! That's really kind of you to say.

This one is a real keeper. I've already started to corrode the brass saddles on it.

Hahn "Jim Campilongo" Model C With Fender PRRI, May 12, 2018

Hahn "Jim Campilongo" Model C Bridge, May 12, 2018

Hahn "Jim Campilongo" Model C Neck Plate, May 12, 2018

Hahn "Jim Campilongo" Model C Headstock, May 12, 2018
  • I'd like to mention that if you can't spring for a HAHN guitar right now...you CAN grab a little bit of HAHN-ness by buying one of his bridges! I put one on my regular Fender Tele and made it a top loader. The compensated bridge pieces improved the intonation on this guitar...and I love the top-loader string feel! And I put on a HAHN neck-plate too...because it's really good looking!
  • Ooh the anticipation! I can't wait to play mine -- I've been polishing up my pedal steel bends and jazz licks to get ready :)
  • That is one beautiful, clean machine. Just gorgeous.

I didn't notice the bevel on the headstock face before- nice touch.
  • So, you know how they say that a Tele is "unforgiving" and "the most honest guitar?"

HOLY SHIT. This one has that in spades. I feel like I'm a beginner all over again. There are more clams in my den than at a 1970's Howard Johnson's on a holiday weekend.

I got it top-loaded and it doesn't feel, play, or sound quite like any of my other string-through Teles. Is that the big difference with which I'm dealing?

Here's a B&W photo of it.

Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C Bridge, May 12, 2018
  • "There are more clams in my den than at a 1970's Howard Johnson's on a holiday weekend."

LOL!!!!!
  • Hi all - Ethan here from the tiny town of Bolinas Ca. Just introducing myself and letting it be known that I just ordered a Model C, holy cow I'm frothing! Spoke to Chihoe at length earlier and it really solidified my decision. Both he and JC are such authentic, humble, down to earth and extremely talented guys. Stoked!
  • Greetings everyone. I'm new here as well, and like many of you above I'm eagerly awaiting a Model C ordered in March. Tasteful design, superior reviews from everyone on construction and playability (beginning with Jim of course), excellent website and forum-member photos: yes, I'm very much looking forward to the guitar. My first "real" guitar was a pawn shop rosewood necked blondish Tele I got for $70 in White Plains NY in 1968. Long gone, I'm afraid, and I've been a Gibson player since. But this guitar seemed the right re-introduction, if not a foray into something newer and refined.

John
  • And an update: Chihoe emailed that the guitar ships this Thursday!
  • Congrats! You're going to love it.
  • Oh man, I'm jealous...
  • Thanks friends.
  • Can anyone who has received their Model C tell me a bit more about the neck thickness? The Hahn website lists the neck as having "medium depth (approx .85")." Can anyone tell me if that's the neck thickness at the 1st fret? And if so, what's the approximate thickness at the 12th fret? I'm wondering if the feel of the guitar is closer to that of a Fender "Modern C" or a mid-60s medium C. Thanks!
  • Anyone received theirs lately? Mine was supposed to ship early June, then I was told early July, and now no word since. Anyone heard from Chihoe? No call back from him to my inquiry yet...I've got a 84' Fender Concert setup with my guitar cable plugged in. The guitar-end of the cable is getting lonely just lying there :)

--Will the Thrill
  • Will, my Model C arrived today!

I ordered mine in late January. (I was also given several early ship dates along the way.)

I've barely played it yet but it seems great so far. Hang in there.
  • @Ianstrike thanks for the info! Will hold on...
    --W

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!