Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
NEW LESSON BY MAIL! ”A LITTLE BIT OF BLUES" by Chet Atkins LESSON
  • NEW LESSON BY MAIL!
    ”A LITTLE BIT OF BLUES" by Chet Atkins LESSON
    A great guitar piece by “Mr Guitar” Chet Atkins that is licks galore and groove filled. Originally written for Chet by the great Jerry Reed- this piece has Gospel- like chord inversions, doublestops galore and has three of the tastiest turnarounds I’ve ever heard. A great blues piece for anyones repertoire.
    SAMPLE CLIP

EASY DOWNLOAD http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip/?id=3043971
  • Thanks Jim! Always great to see a new lesson being added to the list! Now which one to order next is the question! Ha ha!
  • I'll probably order this new one once I finish up with the two I ordered last week. Sounds like a fun piece.
  • I'm working on it. It's challenging (at least for me) right from the start with the bend and sweep but Jim Campilongo's explanations and diagrams are very helpful. I discovered notes on my fretboard I didn't know existed! Lots of clever licks that can be reuse elsewhere. Great tune. Thanks for the lesson!
  • Jean- Yes, it's a tricky one, sometimes for me too. But certainly, it's an inspiring tune that I love and the obvious Jerry Reed-isms are incredibly musical. Thanks for your post and thank you for buying the lesson - Jim
  • Hi Jim and forum members. Well, it's with great pleasure that I can announce that, after a week of work (about an hour a day- a night would be more accurate), I have reached top of page 4! Particularly enjoying that last turn around. Thanks for suggesting and helping with this journey M. Campilongo.
    jean
    Attachments
    20151212_185114.jpg 44K
  • ha ha!
    Attachments
    20151212_185114.jpg 44K
  • Here it is in all its glory and failures!
    Thanks Jim for all you do!
    jean

• And here are some of those beautiful licks reused in a blues progression.

• That's very good Jean and thank you so much for sharing!

I enjoyed how creatively you used the "Little Bit of Blues" licks in the 2nd video - really exceptional work!

And you're doing a great job on the actual piece. If you don't mind me suggesting... I might suggest dedicating some practice time to slowing it WAY down and playing it to a metronome. And at that slower tempo keep your good tone and try to groove deeply. Think of yourself as Kenny Burrell on "Midnight Blue" while focusing on tying all the parts together seamlessly as you possibly can, at an ultra-slow tempo.

I think you doing great creative work- thanks for posting and thank you for buying the lesson. It made my day to see your posts.

Have a great day- Jim

• Hi Jim,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to my videos and commenting on them. I greatly appreciate your positive feedback and highly value your suggestion. I'm on it!
    I really hope to see you live one day in New York. In the mean time, I'll be back for other lessons.
    Thanks again Jim and you too have a great day!
    jean

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!