Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
NEW! LESSON BY MAIL - CHARLIE CHRISTIAN “ROSE ROOM” NOTE FOR NOTE
  • LESSON BY MAIL - CHARLIE CHRISTIAN “ROSE ROOM” NOTE FOR NOTE
    In this lesson we learn the great Charlie Christian's solo on “Rose Room”. Included in this lesson is a note for note transcription of  Charlie’s solo, a chord melody of Benny Goodman playing the melody and instruction on the Freddie Green style of swinging rhythm. Additionally, I break down the solo to relatable scales and pneumatic devices that allow the Jazz novice to jump off to free uninhibited jazz improvisation.
    SAMPLE CLIP :

EASY DOWNLOAD : http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip/?id=3146155

• Hola a todos!
    I have buy "Rose Room" lesson a week ago and......its a great lesson!!!!
    The chord melody is beatiful and the solo unique.
    One of the things I liked about this lesson is that Jim explains each lick referring to the corresponding chord; Then I can use the licks in other songs.
    Thanks JIM!!
    Saludos!
    JIG
    P.D.: the rapid F7 licks is a tough one........
  • Hi JIG - Thanks so much for your positive comments and for buying the lesson. I'm happy you can transpose the phrases and it was my goal when I conceived the lesson. Unfortunately, I'm never sure if we're successful via digital download and reading your post made my morning. And yes -the the "rapid F7" lick is a real tongue twister! It's a phenomenal solo and it's so "hip".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!