Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Big Bill from Rockwood last night
  • looks like Jim has posted a video from last night. I intended to hit this show but unfortunately didn't get there. Thanks for the vid Jim!

• Amazing!!!!!
  • IDK how Jim thinks of/classifies his style, but that vid shows that jazz methodology (working off the head, going of into improv-land while playing off each other, then return to the head) is alive and well in that trio!
  • It reminds me of a book I recently read, I found it fascinating, perhaps some of you will too... it's about music, but it's also about people/culture... about how life is actually a thing where we are supposed to work together to make something greater than the sum of it's parts...

Winford Marsalis - Moving To Higher Ground: How Jazz Can Change Your Life
    http://wyntonmarsalis.org/books/title/moving-to-higher-ground-how-jazz-can-change-your-life

Again, it's not specifically about JAZZ. It's about the THINKING behind jazz improv/working together/moving to a higher ground.... you could play ANY style of music and appreciate what he's saying, I think.
  • Yoda! That was fun!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!