Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Detroit Friday September 2nd
  • Who's going to see Jim in Detroit on September 2nd?

My wife and I will be driving up from Chicago, excited to see Jim for the first time.

Anybody else from the Midwest on this forum going to make the show?

Thanks
  • Thank you Luke -I'm looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Thanks for making the trip and for the post.

DETROIT HERE WE COME!
    JIM CAMPILONGO TRIO WITH TONY SCHERR AND JOSH DION
    DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS
    FRIDAY SEPT 2 - SHOWTIMES 7:00 PM AND 8:30 PM
    5200 WOODWARD AVE
    DETROIT, MI
    http://www.dia.org/calendar/friday-nights.aspx
  • Gah!!! Only 2 hours away (and a border crossing) but I am scheduled to leave on a trip early the next morning. I'll have to see if I can pull this off. I've never seen Jim live. I missed my last chance when he played in Toronto a summer or two ago.

Cheers
    Warren
  • "Thank you Luke -I'm looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Thanks for making the trip and for the post. "

Thanks Jim, we look forward to the show and to meeting you also.

Wondering if I should bring my Campilongo Signature Tele for you to sign?

Not sure if I would be welcomed bringing in a guitar case to Art Institute if I am not performing... What do you think?

Thanks
    -Luke
  • I sure would bring the guitar if I had the opportunity to get it signed by the man. If not, then I'd only bring the pickguard, or the neck, body or whatever. :D Jim signed my toploader with "Approved! Jim Campilongo" at the back where the string-through holes are (not). :) Anyway, he is very down to earth and approachable, I wish you guys a great night out!
  • If you show up- I'll sign anything... ha ha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!