Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
I'm psyched about this forum!
  • Hey Jim!
    I've been looking forward to this forum and now it's here! Sweet! Now, let's talk music, telecasters, and twang!
  • Hi Tim - Good to see you here
  • Great idea for a forum. Thanks for the eMail invite.

Best,
    Scott
  • What a fantastic idea, whomever came up with it. Look forward to interacting with others.

Seng-ge
  • No envy?........No fear?.....No Meanness?..........No religion too? I will try to be on my best behavior at all times. Ya know, I'm psyched too and have been for quite sometime. It's difficult for me not to be envious when I hear Jim Campilongo play guitar but I'm trying to keep it in check. About the only thing I have left to sell is my soul and right now it ain't for sale. Jim you have my utmost respect. I love your guitar, your music and you too. Well sir, I'm about scared to death......but what the hell.......I think maybe even Teddy Roosevelt had some fearful moments,,,,,,,but let's don't go there. When I hear "no meanness", I am in total agreement. Rude behavior is not to my liking, my parents taught me always to be polite and to display good manners. Let's not forget the magic words, "Please & Thank You".......they open doors. Let the forum begin.

Kenneth Harper
    Vacaville, Ca.
  • Kenneth - So happy you showed up. I want YOU to answer every thread possible- because I think you make the world a better place...

.....Whenever I'm in California, I have my guitar set up by Luthier Kenneth Harper. He does GREAT WORK and the most perfect setups my fingers have experienced.

Harper Manufacturing, Makers of Fine Stringed Instruments
    email: twangster_1999 [at] yahoo.com
    phone: 707-446-0487
    7246 Browns Valley Rd
    Vacaville, CA 95688
  • Hi Jim, I just dropped in to say hello and thanks for the invitation to the forum. It looks great!

Best,

David Petrie
    Los Angeles (no longer in Oakland,) CA
  • Thanks for making this forum! Now I can tell everyone that I'm annoyed with Jim never coming to play in SOUTHERN California. It's not fair that Nor-Cal gets all the love. There's some great venues down here like the Baked Potato, Coach House, and the schools too. What's the story, morning glory?
    Loni Specter
    So-Cal
  • I completely second this -
    Thanks for making this forum! Now I can tell everyone that I'm annoyed with Jim never coming to play in SOUTHERN California. It's not fair that Nor-Cal gets all the love. There's some great venues down here like the Baked Potato, Coach House, and the schools too. What's the story, morning glory?
    Loni Specter
    So-Cal
    So-cal people need some Campilongo shows too!
  • So nice to be here.

I really love the whole scope of your music, Jim, stylistically from the Little Willies stuff through Heaven Is Creepy, American Hips, Orange, into the future.

Also really appreciate your solo stuff on You Tube with the boomerang.

The Hahn guitar You Tube clips are also great. Roy's Blues & Space Medley are favorites and by extension Pepper. Something very special going on with this lyrical music you do so well. Everyone I share this stuff with is slack jawed, and for good reason.

Really wonderful technique, great tone, but best of all great ideas.

Your music gives me a reason to get up in the morning.

Kindest possible regards,

Kurt Knutson

• Loni:
    I saw Jim last year in L.A. I had to call the school where he was playing a private show and ask permission to come, but the guy in charge was cool about it (by way of screening me, he asked what kind of guitars I had--I guess serial killers don't choose Fender or Gretsch). Anyway, I asked Jim after the show about playing out here, and he said it's pretty tough to get a gig. I'm guessing, with him in NY, it would be hard for The Baked Potato, for instance, to make it worthwhile for him to get out here. I actually wrote an email suggesting him to the folks at McCabe's, but I guess cranky guys on the Internet don't have the pull they used to.
    Anyway, my advice: if you can't get to NY, go to San Francisco next time he's there. If Jim's half as good as he was the couple of times I've seen him. you'll be glad you went. And hell, then you're in San Francisco for a weekend. That's not all bad, either.
    Best,
    Jordan
  • Hey Jim,
    Thanks for your kindness. I jest like keepin tabs on ya........cuz yer a good guy and just as good a guitar player. Just being mentioned on your forum and participating here makes me happier than when "Navin Johnson" discovered the new phone books had arrived. I like it!
  • Kenneth - You are great... love to read your stuff
  • Nice to see that this forum became a reality. Looking forward to the undoubtedly many discussions that will take place here.

Jani
  • Hey Jim, As for myself......... I'd be willing to bet that yer one a the greats.........n I don't gamble.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!