Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
This is what happens when you listen to too much Jim Campilongo...
  • ... and then go play a gig where you get to run wild. I don't normally wear my influences on my sleeve quite so much, but you can probably hear more than a few moments in this where I'm totally ripping Jim off. Jim, I hope you don't mind, and sorry if I'm stealing any ideas, but they're just so worth stealing!

http://soundcloud.com/kittencannon/2011-04-30-its-not-too-late
  • Sounds like you have your own thing Atom, and it's really good. Nice!
  • Thanks, Jim! It's a lot different than my gig with Eric Gales, that's for sure. I probably wouldn't be doing either one on a Tele if I hadn't bought the Little Willies record on a lark one day before a long road trip. Years later I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, but you've been a great help along the way with your lessons and your body of recorded work. So thanks again!
  • Very nice!
  • You sound great. Some effect of the compulsive JC listening can be heard, now that you mention, the eerie and "broken" kinda thing. And I dig the tremelo and reverb. :)

On influenced by Jim, most Campy influence I've heard in some of the playing of Matt Rae and Tim Lamb (RIP). Both of these cats of course have a bag quite different from Campilongo's, but some tunes/solos I've heard have shown the influence.
  • Tim Lamb was a really generous person ... Matt Rae did take some lessons from me... but I'm not taking credit for his own unique voice, or songwriting skills!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!